Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reaching goal... sometime before I die

"Still haven't reached goal."

I think that's going to be my epitaph.

--

I started on Weight Watchers' new PointePlus plan last week. I started on Monday but my meeting wasn't until Saturday, so I was only half informed, but I gave it a try anyway.

I broke even--no loss, no gain.

I didn't eat all of my daily points. They say that'll effect your weight loss, or rather your lack thereof. So this week, I'm making it an effort to each all 29 points (or rather PointsPluses--just sounds so weird saying that like that).

So far, so good.

Saturday, we went to Disney and all we did all day long was ride the rides. There are only really 3 rides (adult rides, that is) in the park, so we spent the whole day hopping between those three rides--Thunder Mountain (the train), Spalsh Mountain (the water flume ride) and Space Mountain (the jerkiest most violent roller coaster one could ever go on).

We'd stand for about an hour then ride for 5 minutes--all... day... long.

Had a blast, though!

The best part was the activity points I got to rack up. Because I was on my feet for 12 hours straight (not counting the hour interspersed throughout the day when I was actually sitting on the rides), I racked up 40 activity points!

Woo hoo!

That really helped, because I didn't hold back while at the park. I had fried shrimp with a few fries then a hot fudge sundae and a huge bucket of popcorn.

Then Sunday wasn't much better.

But today I was back to my regular eating. Spent 29 points on my food today. I have 22 activity points left. I don't think I'll need them. Besides, I do plan on racking up a few more (hopefully several more) activity points this week. I want to start doing spin class again. It's so hard to get to, though, because it starts at 6pm and I get off work at 5:30 so I have to RUN straight from work to the gym and still have time to get changed before all the bikes are taken.

I have to say, though, that I'm not crazy about eating 29 points each day. I mean, heck, when I first started Weight Watchers almost 4 years ago, I was 100 pounds heavier and I had 34 points a day. It just seems like a huge step backwards for me. But I realize that the food carries more points than it used to with the old Points system. It still feels like I'm eating too much, though.

But being as I broke even last week, and did not each all 29 points each day, I'm trying to eat the 29 points each day and hopefully lose this week.

Sounds like such a weird strategy. But I'm willing to try ANYTHING at this point.

I just want to reach goal.

...in this lifetime!

10 comments:

Holly said...

I totally understand what you are saying Cara! I feel like 29 points is so much too compared to the 20 points from before. So many things went up in points though so in a way it does all even itself out. I had my first week with the plan(ate 29 each day) lost 8 lbs!!! :) So I believe in the plan. I think the best is the whole fruit thing because adding that piece of fruit to each meal for 0 pts has helped me tremendously. I love to eat(hence why I weighed over 120lbs heavier than I am now, lol) so being able to eat a lot of food on this plan helps me! :)

My Wee Life said...

I too am findiing it quite strange - can't quite get my head round it to be honest. Haven't lost on it but not going to give up just yet. Good luck looking forward to hearing about your progress.

daniii♥ said...

For not knowing the new point system, breaking even is great! Congratulations. :)

I'd LOVE to go walk around Disney, but I'm only in NJ, so I think it'd be a long walk to get there. haha.

Jennifer said...

I am totally with you...I am so sick of not seeing the numbers on the scale going down! IDK much about WW, but I've heard great things about it. It sounds like you're doing the right things, so keep it up! I'm sure you're going to meet your goal soon!

Anonymous said...

just sitting here wondering if there are any Patriot Guard Riders, or Black Panthers etc. in Mass. They're the ones that show up at military funerals originally to keep the protesters away, but they show up here just to pay respects. Maybe they could show up at polls, video in hand. No action, just a video camera. It amazes me that in this country we now feel as if we need protection to go to the polls. We gotta change that people!
I wonder if Our Leader is going to contract the National Citizen Patrol to intimidation control in Mass.

Toyin O. said...

You can do it!

Folsom Limo Service said...

I love your blog by the way.

I have tried the same system years ago and nothing worked for me. I tried everything from jenny craig to hypnosis. I found that a product called detox-LGC works best for me you can find it at Nutrishop

MichellesJourney said...

Hi Cara,

I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

Awesome job on your success!
See you soon,

Michelle

Stephanie said...

I'm also on a fitness quest, but I'm writing as a Disneyland regular.

I'm not sure if you are going back to Disneyland anytime soon, but I got some tips for the big kid rides. You might already know them, but here it goes.

1. Use fast passes. A station by the ride will dispense fast pass tickets by scanning your park ticket. The tickets will have a time window in the future when you can redeem them. The tickets let you skip the long line.

2. The end of the fast pass time window is only a suggestion. The fast pass tickets are valid from the start of the time window till park closing. We tend to collect a lot of them in the morning, and then use them all at night when the lines are super long.

3. You can grab a new fast passes for a fast pass enabled ride whenever your last one is valid. Or, if your next one won't be valid for a long time, you can grab a new fast pass two hours after you got your last one.

4. Get there at opening. Nothing substitutes for getting there early. Lines get longer and fast passes are usually gone by the early evening (except Thunder Mountain).

5. Time it right. The morning is the best time to ride Space. At opening you can just walk on 2-3 times before there is a real line. Splash is usually a short line in the late morning until the afternoon. Of course, when its night and cold, the Splash line is usually empty. Thunder fluctuates with the crowd, we just grab fast passes while going between Splash and Space. If there is no line, we grab some passes and ride right then.

6. The best time to ride Thunder Mountain is during the fireworks. Grab 2-3 fast passes for TM during the day. Get in line about 10 minutes before the fireworks. Keep riding using your fast passes. Chances are you will see fireworks go off while your going in and out of the TM tunnels. Spectacular.

7. Tired of walking between Space, Thunder, and Splash? Head to the Tiki room for a show. It's a great 30 minute rest and a fun show for Adults.

Phew...done. Sorry, I have no diet/exercise tips. But we have this Dland thing down to a science!

Amie said...

I'm glad to see you're blogging again! The new program has been a bit weird for me too. I haven't really changed the way I eat, but I also don't eat all of my points each day. Before the switch I was using 2 or 3 points a day on fruit so I'm usually short a few points each day. My leader says as long as I'm satisfied, it's okay. I just can't justify eating just for the sake of eating. I could certainly find ways to use those points, but I worry it will send me down a bad path! Thanks for sharing your journey - it is so helpful to me!