Thursday, August 25, 2011

I like hummus... who knew?

Don't you love it when you find a new snack or type of food--that you love--and it's healthy?

I have discovered hummus.

It's funny how your tastes change over the years. A few years back, I would probably have thrown up if I had eaten hummus. I mean, it looks like baby food. Smells bitter and sour. And the texture, don't get me started!

But man it's really good!

And it's high in protein and fiber--bonus!

I've been eating it lately with pretzel flats. I swear I could eat a whole tub of the hummus in one sitting if I allowed myself. It's quickly becoming a red-light food. But as long as I can put the bowl down after only 13 pretzel flats, I think it'll be okay.

So I have a question for you... do you like hummus? Have you ever tried it? What do you like to eat it on or with? I need more ideas of how to eat this stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE hummus! I'm eating it right now w/ Tribe 40 spices hummus. So good.

I had just looked up a recipe for hummus a few minutes ago,and I'm going to make it tomorrow. From ohsheglows.com - http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6002073&prev_term=hummus. I have to figure out the calories (and use the oil sparingly).

I also eat it with red pepper slices, and use it as a spread for sandwiches. Also make a salad dressing with it, again from ohsheglows, but now I can't find it. I think it was just hummus and a little cider vineagr.