Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back on the wagon...

So yesterday was weigh in, but I didn't... weigh in, that is. I took a "no weigh in pass". Which basically means, I gained but I'm trying to fool myself into thinking that I didn't so I can make it through another week. Hehe.

Realistically (according to my home scales), I'm about 7 pounds over my 100 pound loss. So "technically", I haven't lost the 100 pounds, but I'm still wearing the trophy and I'll still tell anyone who asks that I've lost 100 pounds. I don't see these 7 pounds a permanent and they're not intimidating me WHAT SO EVER!

Here's what has happened over the past month... I've stayed on plan (still counting everything I eat), I haven't exercised, and I've indulged whenever I wanted to but not to excess. Well, okay, to excess once.

Here's what I've learned over the past month... I really needed this past month to take a deep breath and get some perspective.

I was so ecstatic that I finally hit my 100 pound goal that I wanted to relish in it for a while. Nothing wrong with that at all, right? Right! I didn't go on an eating binge. I didn't change my thoughts towards food or weight loss. I didn't give in and go back to the way I was before.

This was a great learning experience for me. I learned that I will be able to keep this weigh off for life. I was so petrified of that before but it no longer intimidates me. I may gain a pound or two (or even 10), but I will never go back to being 130 pounds over weight. Ever!

This past month has been thoroughly enjoyable.

I ran another 5K on the 4th of July. Yay!!

Didn't do so great so far as time, but that was because it's been maybe 2 months since I've done any serious exercise or running. But it was still fun. I only ran about a mile and a half then walked the rest of the way.

But then last Sunday, I started back on plan—the serious way. I'm back to 21 points a day (rather than just tracking whatever I put in my mouth and not setting a limit on how many points I eat a day). And I'm back go exercising on a regular basis.

I started something really fun. Some of you may know that my daughter moved out this past Spring. She's 20 and in college but had been at home with us until this past May. When she moved out it was devastating for me. But I made it. Still working through some things, but for the most part, it's going great. Anyway, last week, for my morning cardio, I would ride my bike to her house which is 15 minutes on a bike (5 minutes in a car, sweet!). And then after I get there, we go run/walking for 20-30 minutes and then I hope back on my bike and head back home for another 15 minutes on the bike. I usually end up burning about 1,000 calories doing that. Great interval!! And so refreshing to get back on my bike after running and walking in the sweltering heat.

So anyways, things are getting back to the way they should be and I'm having a blast at it.

How have you guys been doing over the past month? Did you hit any goals? Get remotivated to do something? Lose? Gain?

.

8 comments:

Nun of a Kind! said...

Good for you, Cara! Sounds as though you have really put some good practices in your life. Very inspiring!

WWSuzi said...

Sometimes we all need a break and yep it can get very overwhelming. I'm so glad that you're doing what you need to do for you!!

F. McButter Pants said...

Love your attitude and the confidence your have in your abilities.

Keep inspiring me!!

JC said...

I've wobbled all this year. I think my goal was getting out of plus sized clothes and I'm there so I'm just hanging out. Truth is I need to get at least another 50 lbs off but I'm just no in any hurry. I'm at 93 lbs and should be motivated to get to 100 but just don't seem to get motivated to do it.

Georgia Mist said...

I think you were very smart in taking a short break! Sometimes, indulging a bit actually helps to kick start the losing process!
Good for you! I wish you continued success!
Terri

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You are doing great. Great job having a good attitude and getting back on track!

FluffyDonna said...

Your morning fitness routine with your daughter sounds so healthy - in more ways than one! How cool. =) And I agree, there's nothing wrong with taking a break... knowing me, my break would have been much longer, so great job getting back on plan.

Lake Mary WWLeader said...

Your bike ride and exercise routine with your daughter sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Remember that I don't take back the paperclips for a reason. It is my way of showing my faith that you will lose that weight back and need more paper clips in the future. Please keep up the good work.