Saturday, June 4, 2016

Why even try to lose weight??

Why do we gain weight back after we lose it?

I've been reading a LOT about this lately, but I'm still perplexed. The statistics are staggering...

NBC News says "more than 80 percent of people who have lost weight regain all of it, or more, after two years."

When I first got life insurance, I was about half way through my total weight loss and because I had been losing weight, they had to give me a higher premium as if I was heavier and unhealthier than I actually way. They said it was because of the same thing that NBC stated. I had to wait until about a year after I got to goal before I could get my life insurance premium reduced.

So science proves that we will regain all or most of our weight once we lose it.

Why?

Why even lose weight if the odds are against you. If you know there's a strong possibility you won't be in the very small percentile who will actually keep it off, why try? I mean, I don't know about you, but if the odds are against me in a negative way, I'm sure to win (or rather lose) every time.

But here I am, 50 POUNDS HEAVIER than I was at my lowest on Weight Watchers (in 2010).

What about you? Have you lost a significant amount of weight and then gained all or most of it back? Or more?

No comments: