Here are 7 things you may not know about me:
- I love hot air balloons. I've always been fascinated by them. I love the way they go so slow up into the air and you can only take on just a few passengers. A very intimate experience. And all the different colors and shapes that the balloons come in are just amazing. You know where my fascination started with hot air balloons? The Wizard of Oz. Yup, that's right, I'm a huge Oz fan. I love all things Oz. But when I first saw the Wizard take off on that hot air balloon and float off back home, I was hooked. And, no, I've never ridden in one. One day I will though. I will.
- I haven't taken one sip of a carbonated drink since December 1999. Yup, that's right! I decided as a new years resolution (New Years 2000) I'd give up sodas. I'd heard all kinds of scientists and studies say that carbonation weakens your hair, bones and nails. Well, I have extremely thinning hair and my nails are as flexible as paper. So you might be wondering if my hair and nails got thicker and stronger? No. Darnedest thing... they were wrong. But I still won't drink the stuff. Now, it's mind over matter. I gave it up, now I don't want it any more. No other reason than it's one small thing that I have complete control over in my life.
- I've never been to Craig's List or Facebook. No, not just that I've never surfed around their websites—no—I've never even typed in the address in my browser. I'm a huge social networker on the net. I Twitter. I blog. I subscribe to a thousand RSS feeds. I belong to about 25 different social networking sites. But I've never even visited Craig's List once. Facebook either. I didn't even go to the websites so I could hyperlink this blog. I don't have anything against them or anything like that. I've just never had the need to go to those sites. Someday, I'm sure I'll have cause to. Until then...
- I've never been to the town I was born in. Okay, other than to be born there. We lived there for only the first 6 months of my life and then moved to WV which is where I grew up. My sister was born there, too (she's 11 months older than me—poor mom!) but she went there once with dad. I do want to go there and see the town I was born in, but until then, it'll just be another town on a map.
- I was in a Christian band as a teenager. We were called the "Sonshine Singers". We were a band of 9. There was a keyboardist, base guitarist, lead guitarist, drummer and then 5 singers who sang harmony and melody. I sang harmony. Was only in the band for about a year, but boy what an experience. We travelled all over WV singing at different churches. We never charged admission, but we always took up an offering so we'd have enough gas money to get back home. What a blast!
- I LOVE boxing! For real! I'm not weird. But I love watching a good boxing match. I don't like the bloody ones or the ones where the boxers are in cages. I like a respectable fight between two substantial fighters—don't much care for watching featherweights fight, just doesn't seem right.
- My only child was born 10 pounds 1 1/2 ounces! Not many people can say they birthed a 10 pound baby. I can! And I had her all natural—no drugs whatsoever! She was 2 weeks late. She was sunny side up (her face was facing to the front of me rather than to my back). I had to do exercises in the hospital bed between contractions to get her to turn around before she could come out. When she came out, she ripped my pelvis bone apart in the front where the cartilege comes together and she split the bottom of my tailbone in half. But hey, she was all natural, right? Ugh!
P.S. If you haven't visited Confessions of a CF Husband, you really should. Be sure to read at the top right where it says "Start Here". What an amazing journey they've been on. Will make you thankful for the simple things in life, that's for sure. It did me.