Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hump day and exercise... a great combination!

This week's been going good, so far. I haven't exercised that much. I had no excuse on Sunday, I should have gone for a bike ride, but I didn't. Monday I woke up with a sore throat and by lunch time I was sporting a mighty fever. I stayed home after lunch and slept the rest of the afternoon. I woke up at around 5:30pm and my fever was gone. Yay! My throat was mildly sore. I went to bed around 10pm and couldn't for the life of me get to sleep.

I tried reading, which usually puts me right to sleep... nothing. I laid there in bed for 2 hours with the lights out listening to soothing music and still couldn't get to sleep. I finally gave up and went into the living room to read some more, still not drowsy. I surfed the net and got caught up on reading all my cupcake blogs that I've been meaning to read for weeks, still not drowsy. I watched an old movie I'd seen before, still not drowsy. I finally went to bed around 6am but still couldn't get to sleep. I texted my boss at 8am to say I wouldn't be in and FINALLY I fell asleep. I slept til around noon then got up and went into work.

So no exercising Monday or Tuesday. Needless to say I was whipped Tuesday night. I was so paranoid that I wouldn't be able to sleep last night that I took one of my husband's Tylenol PMs which put me right out. BUT, I was so horribly groggy until lunch time today.

But I woke up enough to do level #2 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred at lunch time. Here's a sample video showing a little bit of all 3 levels. I've spent the last 2 weeks on level 1. This was my first time trying level 2. I think I'm going to need more than 2 weeks to master level 2. Man! It kicked my butt! I couldn't finish. I pooped out about 3 or 4 minutes before cool down. She was doing some wicked tough moves!

I'm going to try it again tomorrow.

I received a package in the mail from Yoplait (pictured) that has a yoga mat (along with a coupon for a free yogurt and a autographed book from Nancy O'Dell, which I'll tell you more about later) that I've been using in my workouts lately. I really love it.

And I don't know about you guys but I love Yoplait yogurt. I tried a new flavor the other day that was outa this world: apple turnover. It was SO good! It was only 2 points and didn't taste fat free at all. Plus it has lots of Vitamin D, which I know I need more of in my diet. Especially now that I've started working out more. The bones in my upper arms had been sore alot lately. I started taking a multivitamin that has lots of Vitamin D in it too and my arms don't hurt as much as they used to.

I'll let you know how my workouts go the rest of the week. Oh, and check back with me because I've decided I'm going to do my first ever contest with a free giveaway. I'll tell you guys the details soon. It should be fun! I've always loved participating in other blog giveaways. Now I'm going to have one of my very own. =D

.

1 comment:

MaryFran said...

I'm glad that you were able to shake off whatever illness you had!!!!

You know...I got the 30 day shred, and did it for a few days..and got sidetracked. Maybe I should restart it!!!