Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nobody puts Baby in the corner...


One of my all-time favorite movie quotes! Thank you, Mad Woman, I LOVED that!

Well, Baby's not in the corner any more. I'm not up on stage dancing, quite yet, but I'm at least heading for the dance floor.

Today's weigh in found me 8/10ths of a pound lighter. And for that, I say YIPPEE!!!

Oh my gosh, I was so NOT expecting that! If you guys only knew what I hate last weekend. And by last weekend, I mean Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday. I wont' go into the details, but I will tell you that by Tuesday morning I was over 5 pounds heavier than I was Saturday morning.

I didn't blog about this, but 2 weekends ago, my official weigh in had me gaining 1.8 lbs in one week. I totally rejected it because I had been eating on plan and doing everything I'm supposed to do. I was even the exact same weight at home that Saturday morning as I was the previous Saturday morning. But for whatever reason, by the time I got to Weight Watchers (a whopping 15 minutes after I'd weighed myself at home), I'd somehow managed to gain 1.8 pounds.

I totally rejected it. There's no possible way I could have gained that much after the stellar week I'd had before that weigh in.

Then the next week came (week before last). I thought for sure those 1.8 lbs wouldn't still be there when I weighed in. And though most of them were gone, I still only lost 6/10ths of a pound. What tha heck!!??

That's when I couldn't bring myself to face the world... I recessed into my corner. I just don't think its fair that I should work and work at something and then the result not match the efforts.

But you know... that is life!

Sometimes the early bird doesn't get the worm. Sometimes you don't get out of it what you put into it. Sometimes life doesn't give you lemonade when all you're dealt is lemons.

What a revelation, huh?

Now if I can just keep remembering that!

So we arrive at this week's weigh in when I'm down another 8/10ths. Still, I have a little more to lose to get those 1.8 pounds off, but I am very satisfied with my loss this week. I worked hard for it and it happened.

This week at Weight Watchers we talked about how we need to amp up our activity. Funny, huh? When just a couple of days ago I said the same exact thing. Perfect timing! Absolute perfect timing.

So this week I need to commit to regular exercise, not just the usual walking. I haven't quite formed a plan yet, but I intend to before the weekend is up. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the gorgeous comments you've been leaving me. We really all are in this together. And you guys help me out SO much on my journey. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

<3

.

5 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Cara -
I LOVE your determination, effort and NEVER QUIT attitude. Losing weight and getting healthy is NOT FOR WIMPS! I'm sure Angels are cheering you on and every tiny good choice is a celebration.

You are beautiful and deserve to take center stage!
~Margene
http://believingitspossible.blogspot.com/

WWSuzi said...

It is so true, we all go through the hard times! The main thing is to pick ourselves up and keep moving forward. Congratulations on a nice loss this week.

Brightcetera said...

You're still at it after all this time, Cara, that's what counts. Not blips on the scale.
You are a success in my eyes!

Mad Woman said...

I love that you come back from things like this with a vengeance, ready to kick it in the butt. Reading your blog reminds me that you are just as human and prone to mistakes as I am...and it keeps me going.

Glad you liked the quote!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Hi Cara,
I awarded you the Beautiful Blogger award. You can come get your award at my blog! Woo Hoo!!
http://www.believingitspossible.blogspot.com/
~Margene