Thursday, March 25, 2010

Very slow weight loss...

You know, I have had the slowest weight loss for someone who has never missed a Weight Watchers meeting in almost 3 years and has never stopped one day from counting my points and working the plan. I've weighed in EVERY Saturday since May 12, 2007—EVERY SATURDAY.

And look at this. It's my weight loss chart from day one:

  • My average weight loss has be 7/10ths of a pound each week. Not bad.
  • I started at 265.2 lbs and I'm now down to 163.2 lbs.
  • I've lost a total of 102 lbs.
Here's the sad info (well, sad for me):
  • From May 12, 2007 to Dec. 20, 2009 I lost a total of 97.4 lbs with an average loss of 1.2 lbs each week. 19 months, not bad, right?
  • Then from Dec. 20, 2009 to present day, I've only lost a total of 6.4 lbs with an average loss of .1 lbs each week.
Look at this plateau—a plateau I basically maintained for 15 months:



See how many ups and downs there were? The gray line going horizontal across the center of the chart is the 175 lb mark. So even though I reached my 100 lb goal in May of 2009, look how much I went back up and down. I'll bet I lost 50 lbs (and gained 50 lbs) over the past 15 months. All the while, never missing a Saturday morning weigh in or meeting.

Crazy!!

I mean, I've heard of people having plateaus for a short period of time. A few weeks or maybe a month or two at the most. But never for 15 months!! And I've heard of people not following their plan or "kinda" following their plan and having stats like this.

But me? I've been on plan the whole time. What the heck?!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic at my losses recently and I know I'm heading down the right path now to make these pounds stay off for good, instead of gaining them back like I've done over the past couple of years, but doesn't this sound a little crazy?

Who in their right mind would keep going this long, day in, day out, non-stop every week?

The truth be told, I've learned a lot about myself over these 15 months. Sometimes I thought I had myself figured out. Each time, I learned something valuable about me. Its been a long process and one I would never want to do again nor would I want to recommend to anyone, but this process has brought me to where I am today. I can look back at every loss and every gain and say "I've overcome".

I'm not at goal, yet. I'm only 8.2 lbs away from my Weight Watchers goal. And 23.2 lbs away from my ultimate goal. I sure hope it doesn't take me another 15 months to lose these last 8 lbs.

Who knows. All I know is that I will make goal one day. I am sure of that. In the mean time, one day at a time, one week at a time, one step at a time.

P.S. The twitter guy hasn't bugged me any more. Whew! He's probably off terrorizing someone else by now. My boss hasn't said anything about any phone calls to the owner either.

.

2 comments:

Mille247 said...

Wow that must have been agonizing. Congratulations to you for all your hard work!

Meg said...

This is the longest I have kept going to WW. You are doing so well, but I would have given up ages ago. I'll have to bookmark this post so that I don't give up in a year's time.

COngrats!