Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today's rambelings...

I'm really liking Twittering my food. It's so much quicker than using WW's points tracker. I think it helps that I already know the points of the food I eat. I've been doing this for almost 2 years ya know.

I really like that it's like jotting down a note. Real quick. Twit and then 2 seconds later I'm off to the next thing in my life. Then all I do is take 2 minutes at the end of my day to copy and paste the code from Roni's website to post it on mine.

Oh, and to answer MizFit's question, I set up a separate Twitter account that only I have the address for. The only way someone could find me is if they did a search for one of the words I twittered. I don't have any followers and I won't follow anyone on that account. To keep it as private as it can be on Twitter.

Enough about Twittering.

I didn't run yesterday. No particular reason. I know I'm having a hard time finding the motivation. I had been hooked on running for quite a while. Now it's hard to get out there. I always find something "more important" in my life that needs to be taken care of. Then it gets dark and it's too late. I do want to go running tonight, though. I'm hoping I can find motivation for it. I have a new CD that I thoroughly enjoyed the last time I ran. I'm hoping it will motivate me to get out there. It's great. It's not my usual style of music, either. They're an Israeli electronica group called Infected Mushroom. They're supposedly really huge in Europe, but I'd never heard of them. I found them in a random tweet completely unrelated to what I was looking for.

I thought you guys might like to know that I've written a few articles on the new Fitago website. I'm trying my hand at writing. I've never done it professionally but I've always had a passion for it. I think that's why I absolutely LOVE working for a publisher (though I'm in the graphics field). Fitago is a really cool website, too. It's just started. I have to disclaim that my husband is the owner of the site. It's a passion of his. He's always wanted to have a website where people can come together and share their experiences with each other and grow from it all and become better individuals. So he's channeled it into a fitness/health venue. Anyways, I didn't want to do a blatant plug for his site, but I was proud of the articles I'd written so I thought I'd share that with you guys.

Oh, and I made these very yummy muffins last night. I'm so proud of the way they turned out. They're whole wheat bran muffins. The recipe has real eggs, sugar, shortening and is still only 2 points each. Those nasty ingredients help it taste so rich and moist. Then the bran and whole wheat flour make it healthy and good for your heart and weight loss. Check out the recipe here if you want to try it out. I originally got the recipe from my mom. They're absolutely fabulous!

So onward and upward. One day at a time. I'm staying on points. I'm not obsessing about my weight (well, not much). I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. I'm taking a deep breath. One step at a time. I'm gonna make it.

.

1 comment:

~closed~ said...

A twit twit here a twit twit there...it's so popular at our offices that I've had to block the site completely. Staff hates me now. :(

I like the fitago site!!! Congrats to David.