Saturday, October 11, 2008

i'm losing it, again!


I really hate that I haven't been blogging that much lately. I think my problem is that when I don't blog for a while, I write a really long blog. I think I need to get into the habit of writing short blogs, that way they're not so intimidating and I'll do them more often. I just don't have time to sit down and blog very much lately.

But I know I must. That's the only way I'll keep myself on track and keep losing. You guys are such a huge help for me to keep on track! THANKS!

Weigh in was today. I lost 4 pounds! I'm so happy. After gaining 2 pounds last week, I really needed this big loss.

I worked hard for it, too. I rode my bike both Saturday and Sunday of last weekend. I didn't ride my bike or walk on Monday and Tuesday because I was having bad dizzy spells. Probably vertigo. I would sit up and my head would just spin and spin like I had just spun myself around 50 times. I just held on for the ride until it stopped. Then I was extremely light headed in between dizzy spells. If finally went away Tuesday by lunch time. So I went biking Wednesday and walking on Thursday. Then, UGH!, it was raining Friday morning so I couldn't go biking. But at least I did get those two extra days in of biking over the weekend so that helped alot, I'm sure.

I stuck to the basics—high protein, high fiber, veggies, fruits, dairy, and not snacks or indulgences at all.

Here's my favorite day of eating that'll help me lose up to a pound a day:

Breakfast: (3 points)
1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk

Lunch: (3 points)
1/2 cup pinto beans
chopped onion
1/2 cornbread muffin

Snack: (3 points)
South Beach Protein Cereal Bar

Dinner: (6 points)
3 cups mixed fresh fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries, pineapples, honey dew melon, or whatever else I can find on sale in the produce isle)
1/3 to 1/2 cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese (cut up into cubes)
All Bran baked crackers (herb & garlic)

Snack: (4.5 points)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
1 cup low fat cottage cheese


By the way, I didn't endulge on the powdered donuts. I won't eat any until I reach my 100 pound victory. I know I'm not supposed to set food as a reward for losing weight, but this is the exception.



*************************************************
"18 Pounds in 18 Weeks"

Challenge Update! -
Week Eight
(updates in bold below)


Me (sat WI) - lost 4 pounds
Bento Box Diet (sat WI) - No weigh in since week 4. Total loss 5.5 pounds. :[

Katschi (tues WI) - No weigh in since week 5. Total loss 3 pounds. :[
MaryFran (tues WI) - Lost .6 of a pound
Karyn (mon WI) - Lost 3.8 pounds!!
Donna (mon WI) - No update from last week.
Spunkysuzi (sun WI) - Gained 1 pound
Cathy (fri WI) - Lost 2.6 pounds
Christine K. Sader - Lost 3.8 pounds

************************************************

.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

WOOHOO!! I'm doing a happy dance too!!

WWSuzi said...

I'm so glad that you got a nice loss in this week ;) That will keep you motivated for sure!!

Lake Mary WWLeader said...

I am very happy about this week's weight loss too. I have unshakable faith in your ability to make your goals. Please "Beware the Ides of Donuts" after the 100 pound mark!

Karyn said...

WOW!!! Congratulations!