Sunday, October 19, 2008

What an interesting weekend...

Wow, what a weekend!

Yesterday started at 1:30 am. Hubby woke me up in intense pain & I took him to the emergency room. See, he had surgery on Tuesday and had been healing ok except he had been running a fever off & on. But yesterday afternoon it got real high & the doc prescribed a stronger antibiotic. But by 1 am his fever was still high & he was in excruciating pain


Here's a pic of hubby in his hospital bed. :,[ That chair to the left with the pillow in it was my bed for the weekend. Oh, what an uncomfortable thing. But I'm sure he wasn't much more comfortable in his bed.

Hospital emergency rooms are no fun @ all. We had to wait for hours to finally see the Dr on call. Then wait for him to finally talk to hubby's Dr. Then finally by 6:30am they admitted him. So while he was waiting to be put in his room and get another test, I went home & took a shower & went to WW to weigh in.

I can't believe it but I actually lost 2/10ths of a pound! When I weighed myself at home, I'd gained a pound since last Saturday. So I was totally shocked that I pulled a loss.

Needless to say, I didn't stay for the meeting. I had to WI though because I still haven't missed a weigh in since I started WW in May 2007. Every week, without fail.

So after the good news of the loss, I headed back to the hospital. I stopped on the way & got a cup of coffee & a donut. That's right, a donut. It was a pumpkin spice cake donut. I figured I deserved it. Although I didn't exercise at all last week, I was very strict on my food intake. It was a really good donut, too.

So back at the hosp, the doc said hubby would have to stay until at least Sunday, maybe longer, to see how the infection & fever & pain progresses. So we settled in for the day. Right before lunch, he had a horrible attach of pain. Its the most pain I've EVER seen him in. Was awful.!

Finally got some super pain meds & got settled down. So I went down & got some lunch in the hospital cafeteria. Wow, the food was good! I splurged & got Stuffed Shells (stuffed with ricotta cheese & herbs in a bitter cream sauce) with yellow squash. Man, was that good. It tasted like real food. Wait, it was real food. I had a piece of turtle pie for dessert. Man, what a lunch!

And for dinner I had Swedish Meatballs dripping in cream sauce with yellow squash again and au gratin potatoes. Oh my gosh those potatoes were killer! And they had given me like three servings worth, too. Mmmmm!

Now, I know what you're thinking, I've fallen off the wagon. But I didn't. I thoroughly enjoyed myself but that's behind me now. For breakfast this morning I had my Kashi cereal with soy milk and for lunch I had a salad with a turkey on wheat sandwich.

I think yesterday came along just at the right time. I thoroughly enjoyed the "real" food I've been missing lately. And it didn't even make me sick to my stomach or anything. I enjoyed it & got it out of my system.

The true test will be dinner tonight. I will choose wisely. I will be tempted though, but I won't indulge.

I'm writing this post sitting by hubby's hospital bed on my cell phone so please pardon any typos up there. Blogger has a cool new feature where I can write a post on my cell phone & either email it or send an MMS text message to a specific email address & it will automatically post it to my blog. And if I attach a photo to the message it'll post the picture as well.

So here goes nothing. Hopefully when I send this message, it'll show up on my blog. Hope it works.


--Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile



UPDATE 10/20/08: I didn't eat anything bad yesterday for dinner. I had only veggies and fruit because they didn't have any healthy meat. So I'm still back on track. Yea! Hubby's still in hosp and still in lots of pain.



.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your Husband. I hope he's out of pain now and the infection subsides.

Best wishes!

Jenn

SeaShore said...

I hope your husband recovers quickly. Take care of yourself, too.

Jenn said...

I missed you at our meeting yesterday and was sad to hear about your hubby being in the hospital! I hope he heals quickly and is feeling better soon. Tell him I say, "hi"!

So A gave me my Tex & Mex yesterday and they are so cute! I've decided to sleep in this Saturday but promised N I'd be back the next week! I think I'm going to WI the first Saturday of every month. I was actually up .4 pounds this week. That's because I had a craving of my own for Cold Stone Creamery. I made my own though with low-fat frozen yogurt, a WW Golden Sponge Cake, low-fat hot fudge and 1/2 a kit-kat bar all mixed together. It was about 7 points, but the real thing would have been about 25! And it still tasted delicious! But I ended up gaining a little bit. Then last night I had Tiajuana Flats for dinner and was up 2 pounds this morning!

Next weeks meeting sounds like good one about emotional eating. See you in a couple weeks!

~Crystal said...

I sure hope your hubby feels better real soon!!! :0)

WWSuzi said...

Oh i hope your hubby has a speedy recovery!! Definitely not nice to be in hospital ;( I've spent too much time there lately!!

Lake Mary WWLeader said...

I am so sorry to hear about Hubby being sick like this. Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery! And thank you for taking the time to weigh-in in spite of this "emergency" in your life. Hope to see you next week!