Monday, April 28, 2008

5K here I come...


I did it!

I did all 8 sets of my first week of interval training on the c25k regiment.

I'm so excited. I can actually jog now. I was so afraid of it. Afraid I was going to die if I jogged. I would have a panic attack as soon as I'd start running.

Not anymore. I have overcome yet another fear in this weight loss battle.

I feel great, too! I jogged for 60 seconds then walked for 90 seconds and did that 8 times in a row. I feel like I could conquer the world right now!

(Now, if I can just keep my eating in check!)

Has anyone else ever done this c25k thing?

Hey, Donna, how's the c25k thing going for you?

7 comments:

Deborah said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! Good job! You are doing amazing! At this rate you CAN take over the world :-)

TeaMouse said...

I love the idea of the C25K idea, I've always wanted to run but of course I start out just running full tilt and then I collapse as I can't go at full tilt. I like the idea of working up to it - I have to buy some great shoes and give it a shot.

Fatinah said...

I used C25K to get back into running - I think it is a great program because it is such a confidence booster - I remember the feeling you blogged about!

Shelley said...

You will be able to do a 5k in no time flat. Good job with your progess!

jeannie* said...

I'm working on week 5 of the c25k! I'm so proud of you for starting. WOOHOO! Keep up with it... it gets harder but just means you feel that much better when you are able to do it!

FluffyDonna said...

I love your picture, isn't it true? I spend so much time getting ready for to do the exercise and less time actually exercising. Hopefully that will change some day. Keep joggin! We're in this together!