Wednesday, April 16, 2008

another yukky wednesday...

Well, today was a little better than yesterday. I'm still down a bit, though. But at least I didn't eat my weight in food today.

Had my usual cream of wheat with honey and pumpkin for breakfast. And for lunch was a soup and salad. My after noon snack was a treat. I poured a cup of decaf coffee and put a dark chocolate kiss in the cup (no cream or sugar). Man, that was awesome! I wonder if that's better or worse than the cream and sugar I usually put in there. I don't know, but it was wonderful. Isn't dark chocolate supposed to be good for you, too? If it's good for me, shouldn't I eat more of it????

Dinner was a joke. We decided to splurge a little and go to Applebee's and try one of their WW dinners. We should have known things were looking bad when we got there and there was a wait because it was kid's night. So we had to sit in the bar at a high top. Then there was a dish I saw online that looked yummy, was chicken with a salsa ranch sauce, mozzarella & cheddar cheeses, and black bean & corn salsa. But alas, this Applebee's didn't offer it. So I settled for the steak and portobello mushrooms.

When it came out, we both laughed. It was 3 ounces, tops. Seriously! The thing was like 2 inches square. The side dishes were roasted potatoes WITH GARLIC and broccoli WITH GARLIC. In case you're wondering why I capitalized WITH GARLIC? It's because I think the cook is having an affair with GARLIC right now. I have never eaten anything so laden with garlic in my entire life. My mouth actually burnt because of so much garlic.

So I cut into the itty bitty steak and chewed on the first bite. Then I chewed and chewed and I couldn't get it to break up in my mouth. It was laced with gristle throughout. I cut a little bit more of the steak and it was horrible.

I had to send it back. There was no way I could chew it. They were apologetic and all, but then I had to wait another 25 minutes before my replacement meal was ready. Meanwhile, hubby had already finished eating his miniature dinner. So we sat and talked for a while before my dinner arrived.

The one consolation in the whole thing was that they comp'd my meal.

I've never liked Applebees. Now I know I don't like Applebees WW meals either.

Oh, well. At least I didn't go over my 23 points for today.

Oh, did I tell you I lost another point this past weekend. I used to have 24 points until I lost 75 pounds. Now I only have 23. It's just not fair!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I think you went to a bad Applebee's or at least the one that I sometimes go to up here is much better. I tried the WW steak dinner and it was so tender it would melt in your mouth and the only garlic was on the potatoes. The broccoli was tasteless, but the steak had gravy on it that was yummy. And I'm sure my steak was more than 3 oz.

Yes chocolate is really good for your brain and it is an anti-aging food. And BTW 3 dark chocolate kisses are only 1 point so I think you had less points than with milk and sugar.

FluffyDonna said...

Yeah, I had one good experience and two bad experiences with the WW steak and potatoes.

Now I get the WW garlic chicken and broccoli but substitute the potatoes for mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon. (aka, loaded potatoes minus the sour cream and chives). I'm not sure exactly how many points it is, but I think it's about 500 or 550 calories? The chicken is a much better portion that that TINY piece of overcooked steak. Like your mom said, it totally depends on the Applebees.