Wednesday, February 6, 2008

why i started this blog...

so far, i've lost 65 pounds. i've done it in 8 1/2 months.

that's quite an accomplishment (if I do say so myself).

it's an accomplishment that i'm proud of. i will tell anyone i meet that i'm on a diet. i have to. and that's where this blog comes in.

the only way i've been able to lose this weight, is by including others in my weight loss journey. i can't do it on my own. i have no will power (boy that should be a four letter word!). and i have a huge addiction to food.

they say that half of overcoming an addiction is admitting what the root of the problem is. for me, that doesn't work. i've known most of my adult life that i have an unhealthy obsession with food. i've admitted it to many people as well as myself. but i'm still addicted to food. i LOVE food. i love everything about it. i think about it constantly. my every day is spent contemplating what i'm going to eat next.

so for me to be on a diet and to actually be losing weight is no small miracle.

along my journey of losing this weight, i've shared my struggles and triumphs with various people (whoever will listen to me, just about). and then sometimes, i'll hear a story of encouragement from them saying how something that i told them about my struggles helped them.

it got me to thinking... maybe i could do the same thing on the web and help other's who are in my same situation. what a great thing to offer to the world. maybe nothing i say here will help anyone. maybe it will. either way, i'm benefitting because like i said in the beginning, the only way i can lose weight is to tell other people about it. so hopefully this will be mutually beneficial.

i have 65 more pounds to go before i'm at my "goal" weight.

so the 2nd half of my journey begins.

one thing i want to do is interject things that have happened over the past 8 1/2 months as well as what i'm currently struggling with. kind of bring everyone up to speed. so that's probably where i'll start next is at the beginning and kind of bring everyone up to speed with my weight loss journey.

if i can bring any kind of help or relief to anyone out there going through this horrible thing called "diet", please let me know. i would LOVE to hear your story, too.

1 comment:

Lee Ni said...

helo! i am so happy to be able to read your blog. currently, am trying to lose some weight until my ideal weight.. so i guess your blog here can help me in some way. thanks!