Sunday, March 9, 2008

happy, happy sunday...

So, today started off good because I was down a pound from yesterday. And so for breakfast, I ate sensible... 2 egg beaters with some 2% shredded cheddar cheese melted in. And when it came to lunch, I was sensible again and had a salad.

It was a Southwest Salmon Skewer salad from Uno's Chicago Grill. I chose it because it was in their "600 Calorie Club" section of the menu. The menu said "Each of the salads below have 600 or less calories, 6 or less grams of saturated fat and 7 or more grams of fiber" So I figured I was safe. The most it could be would be 12 points. My breakfast was only 3 points so I figured I was doing good.

So on our way out of the restaurant, after eating, I stopped at their "nutrition" kiosk computer that they have at the front of the store. I pulled up the Southwest Salmon Skewer salad and saw that it was in fact WAY over 6 grams of fat. Then I looked at the menu again and noticed the word "saturated" was next to fat. OMG, what a trick!!! The stupid salad had 37 grams of fat!!

Then I checked the nutritional info for the dressing. It came with a avocado ranch dressing which was extremely yummy! It was a whopping 6 points. So my whole stinkin' salad that I thought was going to be a "sensible choice" ended up being 18 points.

So at that point, I realized I only had ONE POINT LEFT for the day. :"(

So I thought it was a good time for a bike ride, right???!!!! I had to get some exercise in so I could eat something, anything, for the rest of the day.

So I just got back from a 10 mile bike ride. Whew!!!

Had a blast, though. Went with my daughter and I always have a great time when the two of us do anything together. She's so much fun! We stopped about half way and took photos. We went on a foot bridge that goes right across a major 8 lane interstate. It's a suspension bridge which is beautiful and towering. So we got some great shots.

I sat down a few minutes ago to log my activity points and figured that I got a whopping 13 activity points for that bike ride. Woohoo!!!! I can eat, again!!!

Then I got to thinking about that salad and how it seemed awfully high in points for being nothing more than about 3 ounces of grilled salmon on top of veggies and couldn't figure out why it was so high in points. So I went to their website and looked up the ingredients of the salad in their nutritional guide and would you believe the calories and fat INCLUDED the dressing!!!???

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

A 10 mile bike ride for NOTHING!!!!

Ok, maybe not nothing. It was really a great work out and I really, really needed it. I was supposed to get up early before church this morning and go for a 3 mile walk, but overslept (forgot about the time change last night). So, okay, I really needed the exercise!!

So all is well again. I have 5 points left for today and 13 activity points I can eat some of.

What a day!!!


5 comments:

Cara said...

That is a killer bike ride! Good job!

chumly said...

I was craving pizza and your blog helped me not get it. Thanks. 10 miles fantastic.

m said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. I'm rooting for you! Keep up the great job!

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Marcio said...

Hello!!
Very Well.
Alone for you..

Christina said...

Thanks Cara
I will be checking out your blog and helping you along with the battle
:)