Saturday, June 28, 2008

another week has come and gone and I'm a little thinner for the wear...

Well, I'm finally back to LOSING weight again. What a switch, huh?

At WI this morning, I lost 3.4 lbs.

After my 3.0 lbs gain last week, I've lost a total of 4/10ths of a lb over the past 2 weeks. woo hoo (she says without an ounce of excitement in her voice).

But at least my weight chart line will be heading down, again.

Let me start with yesterday, first, though.

I ran yesterday morning. I tried doing the 5 minutes walking 5 minutes running for 25 minutes, but it really ended up being 5 minutes warm up walk then 2 minutes run, 1 minute walk, 2 minutes run, 2 minutes walk, etc. for 20 minutes. 2 minutes of running at a time was all I could take. I got real tired after 2 minutes. So I didn't push it.

My HR did fine. Started out around 110 walking then when I was running it went up to around 125-135 at the most and when I walked it would go up to about 150, mainly because I think I was breathing so much harder when I walked than when I ran. But all in all, I'm happy with my HR. Will keep monitoring it, though.

Now my calves and thighs are a bit sore. Yea!! I'm so glad to have that feeling again. Haven't had it in quite a while. I noticed it today when I was walking from Bed Bath and Beyond to Michael's (where I signed up for a cupcake decorating class which I'm sure will be a bust—why do I torture myself—but that's an entirely different story). I smiled when I noticed the tightness in my legs. Like an old friend said hi to me on the street.

So I'm going to try to stick to this routine from now on: run on Mon, Tues & Fri and then WWTGs on Wed and Thurs. I'll report every day to let you know if I'm sticking to it.

Okay, back to the WI and my week of loss. I mentioned before how I lost 6.2 lbs in one day, but because of the huge amount that I'd gained the week before, it didn't help me much. But I'm still glad it happened. I really had a hard time losing this week (well, uh hem, after the big loss last Sunday). I was down to 180.2 by Monday, but then on Tuesday was up to 181.6 and stayed there until this morning when I went back down to 181.0.

I was extremely strict this past week with my points and exercise and absolutely NO cheating. I never used my flex points at all. I ran on Mon, Wed and Friday and walked on Thurs. No exercise on Tuesday.

I did over indulge a bit today. I'm sure I used up my 23 points for today and my 35 flex points for the week but that's okay. I'm okay. I just wanted one day of indulgence after a week of being really good. Tomorrow starts back on the strict diet.

Was funny, in WW meeting this morning I talked to the class about how I resisted all of those treats this week and the leader asked me how I did it and I really had no positive advice to offer except "I kept my eye on the prize". I just denied myself and kept thinking how I will look once I get these last 45 pounds off of me. If I don't keep my eye and mind set on the end, then this all gets muddled in my head and I lose my inspiration and my will to deny myself time and time again. All of this sacrifice is very cruel sometimes and most times its just plain no fun at all whatsoever. But I have to keep my mind looking towards the future at when I'll meet my goal weight someday. It might not be for another year or maybe even more (gulp). But I have to keep pushing on. I will prevail!

Oh, and as for updated pix. I'm working on getting some new ones. I'm trying to talk hubby into doing a practice photo shoot in a local park and to practice on me (he wants to start building his portfolio up again). I'd like to get some really good ones, not just me posing in the living room for a quick snap shot. We'll see how it goes.

Jen, I forgot to mention today that I have some ideas for the cake/cupcakes for the baby shower/tea you're putting on. I emailed you some pix last week but I don't think I sent them to the right place. I'll try it again. I found some really cool ideas.

My mind is always on cupcakes... what can I say. :)

P.S. if you see Jennifer posting a comment, she's my WW partner (well, besides my #1 WW partner, hubby). She's the one who left work to have a baby and become a stay-at-home mom which left a vacancy in the department that I work in now. In other words, I have her old job. That's how we met. She trained me how to replace her at work. She's almost at her goal weight now. Woo Hoo!! I'm trying to talk her into starting her own blog. I LOVE mine. How about this, Jen... "Life According to Jen".

.

.

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

now missy - next time you post your spectacular loss for the week (whether it is 0.2 or 3 lbs), I don't want to see in the next paragraph about last week and how that somehow negates your awesome work this week. You give yourself permission to be proud of following the program the way you intended to for the week and then seeing a good result.

You had a great loss this week. Kudos to you chicklet!

Sounds like you had a fantastic run! 2R, 1W can be challenging because there are so many intervals - good on you!

Deborah said...

Great accomplishments this week!!

Way to go baby girl!!

Jenn said...

I am so honored that you mentioned me on your blog! Who would've ever thought that when I was training you that 1 short week, that we would be going through this big challenge together over the past year? You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and struggles on here. I'm looking forward to seeing those cake/cupcake pics. I used all my weekly points on Mexican food this weekend, so I have to be good all week. I start Summer Slim Down today, so I also have to go work out at the Y at least 4 days this week. Today I'm doing a new class called Core Conditioning. Thanks again for the mention!