Monday, May 18, 2009

Does life really have to revolve around a cupcake?

Okay, so today I was back on track.

I had my oatmeal with soy milk and honey for breakfast. I had a left over pork chop with a small baked potato (with Molly McButter) for lunch and for dinner was a green salad (with only vinegar dressing) and a slice of cheese pizza.

Okay, confession time. I had a cupcake tonight. Although it's not for the reason you think.

My daughter came over tonight to make cupcakes with me. She turned 20 last week and I didn't get to see her on her birthday. This is the first time EVER since she was born that I didn't get to see her on her birthday. For her birthday, I had wanted to make her some cupcakes—her new favorite kind. I call them "Cinnamon Butter Cupcakes". They're a butter cupcake with cinnamon butter cream icing. Killer! They're fast becoming my favorite cupcakes too. But she was busy all last week so we couldn't.

Anyway, she's the one who had the idea to come over tonight and bake cupcakes. I have to admit, though, that the cupcake didn't take me by surprise. I had already planned on having one. But I'm only having just that one. She only took 8 or 9 with her which leaves a dozen and a half. But hubby and I are splitting them up and taking them to work.

I will not eat another one.

The experience was what I was really enjoying when I ate the cupcake. I didn't let the cupcakes cool before I iced 2 of them for us. I don't usually do that because the icing will slide right off the cake before it cools. But I did that so we could both enjoy it fresh and hot together.

It was a great experience.

I sure hope I'm not teaching her bad habits. She's so skinny. And she's worked hard at it. She doesn't want to be fat like me, or rather like I used to be.

Anyways, the rest of the day was just as I'd planned. No splurges and I feel great about it.

I want to thank you guys for your support. Your words mean so much to me. It really helps me put things in perspective. And I love that there are so many different points of view when you guys comment. I sometimes feel like I'm at a group therapy session or something and there are you guys all circled around me giving me feedback based of your experiences. Very helpful.

I am trying to figure out what the root of all this is. I used to think it was because I didn't think I was worth success. The first time I sabotaged myself last fall, I did feel inadequate. I didn't feel like I was worth the success. But I really feel I've moved past that. Now I'm not sure what it is. I'm just going to have to keep looking for the answers.

I'll find them. I know I will.

9 comments:

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Vinegar dressing, never tried that before. One cupcake won't kill you. Its good you got to see your daughter.

Anonymous said...

If I had made cupcakes yesterday, I'd ate all of them. That's how my day was. I did good, but man, I was craving sweets all day long.

I feel the same way too about all of my blogging buddies. It's crazy, I have this blog and all of my family reads it but they don't post comments. They don't realize how much those comments mean when it comes to giving support for weight loss. The comments that I get from my readers really helps me and it's like one big, huge, Weight Watchers meeting! Only better actually because we get to see into the lives of the people that are inspiring us to keep going.

It sounds like you had a much better day and I'm glad you're doing better.

WWSuzi said...

I think you did great!! Cupcakes seriously are addicting :) My daughter loves the vegan cupcake book and was being asked by friends to make them. At the time she was living with me and i had to smell margarita cupcakes, truffle and many other delicious kinds. I'd have one, really enjoy and then stop. Sometimes i wouldn't have one if i didn't have enough points for it :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's much healthier to be able to enjoy a cupcake without freaking out and overcompensating, or having to eat a dozen. I think it shows that you can have a healthy diet, and achieve your goals, without being a perfectionist. I think if you can enjoy a treat guilt-free now and then, the long-term journey will go much better. Plus, I don't think an occasionally cupcake is what causes weight problems, though a dozen could.

Carol said...

Dang girl, those cupcakes do look good!

~closed~ said...

Cara - the cupcake pic belongs in a food mag. Would you mind emailing this recipe AND the recipe you posted before with snickerdoodles? tisha85@live.com. I have bake sales at work to raise money for my breast cancer 3 day crew position. These would be a HIT! Good for you on having just one. That's strength!

One Pretty Little Box said...

I just wanted to tell you that I am new to your blog and Love it already!

Congrats on eating just one. I haven't even came close to baked goodies like that since probably Christmas, for fear of no self control! LOL ( I have had some goodies, just nothing homemade and just plain YUMMO)

Crys said...

There's something so crack-like about cupcakes! They've been the downfall of many-a-great nation. You stopped yourself at one and you were conscious of what you were eating. Sounds like a victory to me!

Fuzz said...

You look Great! Keep up the hard work!