Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm so close I can taste that 100 pound victory...

I am so excited!

I lost weight this week!!

OH MY GOSH, I FINALLY lost weight.

I lost 1.4 pounds. Was quite a shock.

I kept steady gaining weight all week. Even after I exercised just almost every day. I stayed on points and seemed to be doing great. Except the scale kept kicking me in the gut every morning.

Then Kelly mentioned something on my Wednesday blog post that hit me like a mac truck... Sodium. I know I have a problem with eating too much sodium. Didn't used to be that way, but recently I've learned that if I eat too much, I'll start retaining. (I miss my nightly popcorn snack so bad.) But I wasn't even thinking when I bought a bag of pretzels last weekend. I know they're low fat and relatively low in points. I can have a small bowl for only 3 points. But I forgot that the sodium is a killer for me.

Ugh!

So Thursday, no pretzels and no salt. Lost half a pound that day.

Then Friday, no preztels and no salt at all. Lost 2 pounds.

I was retaining!

Sabotage!

Thanks for helping me figure that out. Just in time, too.

So, now I'M THE LOWEST WEIGHT I'VE EVER BEEN since I started WW 2 years ago. I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary with WW. I started on May 12, 2007. I haven't missed one week of WW since then. Not one. I know me, if I miss a week then it will be okay to miss and I'll soon lose my motivation for accountability.

I'm now down to 167.4lbs.

Woo Hoo!!

I've got 2.2 pounds to get the ominous 100.

But more importantly, I'm only 2/10ths of a pound from a paper clip!!!

I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it. Can you hear the Pointer Sisters chiming along with me?

=D

10 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Good for you Cara! I'm so glad you whipped that scale back into submission! LOL! We have to teach it who's boss! Do you still weigh every day?? Just wondering , cause for the last couple of months i've gone to once or twice weigh ins a week. It lets me keep an eye on my weight but at the same time it helps me not be obsessed about every little .2 pound.Helps me keep it in perspective...somehow.....oh i know what i mean .....just can't seem to type it that way! LOL! Oh well....its early on a Sunday morning and i have a work meeting to go to on my day off. Does that suck or what!? I'm gonna turn it into a positive though and hit the gym afterwards and get my weights overwith for the day. So happy for you your weight is down and you are closer to goal. I'm playing around 170 - 172. My goal for May even with my vacation coming up is to see the 160's for the first time. I just wanna see 'em! So i know my scale actually has that number in its database! ;) Jinx"!

Rosemary said...

Great job Cara!

Keep up the good work!
Rosemary

Shelley said...

Crossing my fingers and toes for you that you hit the 100-pound mark by your anniversary!!! Glad you figured out what your "nemesis" has been - dastardly sodium!

WWSuzi said...

I'm so excited for you :)

Jeanne said...

WHOOO HOOO!!! Great job Cara! Can't wait to hear you screaming when you get to that 100 lb mark!!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a huge amount of weight! Congratulations! Salt is so yummy, but I can gain 6 pounds from one day to the next, between pms and salt.

~closed~ said...

I'M SO EXCITED for you! Cara, that's fabulous. You've done so well and are such an inspiration to many. 167 pounds...my-oh-my how sweet that must be! Um..yea, sodium can be the scale-devil. GREAT JOB CARA!!! Can't wait to read the post when you're 100 down. woo-hoo!

JC said...

Congrats, you will be there before you know it. Glad you realized what is going on.

Brooke said...

You are an inspiration! 100 pounds. That's absolutely AMAZING. Good job. You're gonna get there before you know it. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so great! I think more people need to follow your example and realize the power of small- the little, measured steps like being on WW for 2 years is what it takes-not getting overwhelmed by your ultimate goal.