Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm trying to be the biggest loser...

Okay, so finally the scale is dropping a bit. I’ve been really obsessing over everything that goes in my mouth this week. I hate doing this, but it’s the only way for now. It’s going to drive me crazy soon enough, I know it is. I’m down almost 2 pounds since Saturday. Not great, but at least it’s going down.

I am finding that my portions are a little on the large side. Not much. Maybe 10% more than they should be. But I think it’s what’s been causing me to not lose over the past few months. At least I sure hope that’s what it is. I’m measuring EVERYTHING now. Just like I first started WW.

I went for a bike ride this morning. Went 10.5 miles. Did it in an hour. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. Earned 8 activity points. Sweet!!

I went walking tonight with my WW walking team. I was afraid it was going to rain, but not a drop in sight. We met at a state park at 7:15 and the park closed at sunset. I was afraid we'd get done walking and come back and our cars would be locked in the park over night. Whew! We got back in plenty of time. Earned another 3 APs. So far, I'm up to 28 APs for the week. Woo hoo!

How about Biggest Loser last night??!! I’m probably in the minority, but I LOVED that Helen won. She started out almost as heavy as I was when I first started WW and she’s my age and she looked amazing! Well, a little on the thin side, but she still looked great. And Jerry!!! Wow!!! 68 years old!!??? And he lost 177 pounds!?! Man, he puts me to shame!

I’ve been having the worst cravings lately. I usually get this way when I’ve been “real strict” for a long period of time. And I have been. Now I’m just trying to push through it without caving in. I know I’m going to, though. I’m craving anything under the sun. Egg salad. Donuts. Chips n dip. Cupcakes. Cake of any kind. Heck, anything with icing on it! Ice cream (which I usually hate). Popcorn. Oh my gosh! I want some popcorn so bad! Bacon. Steak. Anything with gobs of cheese on it or in it. Baked potato loaded with sour cream, cheese and bacon. Okay, I’ll stop. I could go on and on but I won’t. And I know giving myself a “little” taste won’t do it. It’s all or nothing when these cravings sink in. Suffice it to say, I’ve got it bad. Lets just hope I don’t cave.

Check this out. I re-watched the Biggest Loser during lunch and wrote down all their weights and percentages. I know, I'm obsessed, what can I say. But if you're interested, here's the order of winners:

Helen - Winner!!!
Starting Weight: 257
Current Weight: 117
Total Pounds Lost: 140
54.47% of weight loss



Mike - was only 5 pounds away from winning
Starting Weight: 388
Current Weight: 181
Total Pounds Lost: 207
53.35% of weight loss



Tara - was only 6 pounds away from winning
Starting Weight: 294
Current Weight: 139
Total Pounds Lost: 155
47.28% of weight loss




At Home Contestants:

Jerry - Wow! Amazing!!!
Starting Weight: 369
Current Weight: 192
Total Pounds Lost: 177
47.97% of weight loss



Kristin - So glad she came in 2nd
Starting Weight: 360
Current Weight: 193
Total Pounds Lost: 167
46.39% of weight loss



Nicole - Was so surprised she came in 3rd. Go girl!!
Starting Weight: 269
Current Weight: 146
Total Pounds Lost: 123
45.72% of weight loss



Ron
Starting Weight: 430
Current Weight: 238
Total Pounds Lost: 192
44.65% of weight loss



Sione
Starting Weight: 372
Current Weight: 226
Total Pounds Lost: 146
39.25% of weight loss



Dane
Starting Weight: 412
Current Weight: 258
Total Pounds Lost: 154
37.38% of weight loss



Filipe
Starting Weight: 364
Current Weight: 229
Total Pounds Lost: 135
37.09% of weight loss



Damien
Starting Weight: 381
Current Weight: 245
Total Pounds Lost: 136
35.7% of weight loss



Mandi
Starting Weight: 263
Current Weight: 171
Total Pounds Lost: 92
34.98% of weight loss



Estella
Starting Weight: 249
Current Weight: 159
Total Pounds Lost: 83
34.3% of weight loss



Carla
Starting Weight: 379
Current Weight: 251
Total Pounds Lost: 128
33.77% of weight loss



Shanon
Starting Weight: 283
Current Weight: 191
Total Pounds Lost: 92
32.51% of weight loss



Cathy
Starting Weight: 293
Current Weight: 198
Total Pounds Lost: 95
32.42% of weight loss



Blaine
Starting Weight: 365
Current Weight: 249
Total Pounds Lost: 116
31.78% of weight loss



Daniel
Starting Weight: 454
Current Weight: 312
Total Pounds Lost: 142
31.28% of weight loss



Laura
Starting Weight: 285
Current Weight: 199
Total Pounds Lost: 86
30.18% of weight loss



Joelle
Starting Weight: 309
Current Weight: 229
Total Pounds Lost: 80
25.89% of weight loss



Aubrey - I'm so bummed about her. She was my fav. Tough break.
Starting Weight: 249
Current Weight: 194
Total Pounds Lost: 55
22.09% of weight loss



David
Starting Weight: 393
Current Weight: 350
Total Pounds Lost: 43
10.94% of weight loss

7 comments:

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Down 2 lbs is good, keep up the good work. I have heard 2lbs every week is a good goal. Great job getting a bike ride in. I miss riding a bike.

MizFit said...

down two pounds is GREAT...as is your workout.
I know it can feel SLOOOW some weeks but youre headed in the right direction and, to beat that dead horse, fast inevitably means it comes back on.

THANKS FOR LAYING OUT ALL THE BL STUFF IN ONE PLACE!

Miz.

WWSuzi said...

That's a great loss this week :)

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the BL stats! How great is their loss!!!!

I have been having cravings here too. I think mine is due to my TOM because it is chocolate! I think I would walk a mile to eat a single chocolate chip if I could find one!!!

Hang in there,
Rosemary

MaryFran said...

Two pounds in a half of a week is awesome my dear! Do not put yourself down. Instead pat yourself on the back!

Unknown said...

Hi Cara,
I just found your blog and what an inspiration you are. You look AMAZING!!!
I think 2 pounds in 4 days is really, really good - you're supposed to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week, right? So you're already ahead this week!
I'm adding your blog to my blogroll so I can keep up with you!
Jenn @ Watch My Butt Shrink!

SeaShore said...

Congrats on the loss this week. I know what you mean about the portions. After a critical assesment, I realized that I have been lax lately with measuring some things. Back to basics!