Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm SO close to losing 100 pounds!! :0]

Okay, are you guys sitting down??

If not, you might want to because this news might just floor you if you're not...

I think I'm going to reach my 100 pound goal this weekend!!!!

Last week, I weighed in at Weight Watchers at 170.4 pounds. And my weight at home that same morning (before weigh in) was 169.8. I'm usually about a pound lighter at home than I am at Weight Watchers.

This morning I weight myself at home and I was 164.8. So I've lost 5 pounds this week (so far).

My 100 pound mark is 165.2.

So if I can just lose another 6 to 8/10ths of a pound (for cushion), I just might pull it off. Ideally, I'd like to be 164.2 at home so that would give me a full pound of variance so hopefully WW would weigh me in at 165.2.

I'm so excited!!

So, how have I been doing it. Well, it's not something I want to do for a very long time, but basically I'm doing the Weight Watcher's Jump Start program. I don't know why I didn't think about this before.

Their menu is filled with low calorie, low fat, high protein, high fiber, low sodium, high energy foods. Filling foods. Lots of whole grains. Basically, a healthy diet.

And I treated EVERY day like it was Friday. Friday's are my "knuckle down, be on my best behavior" days to I'll try and lose an extra X/10th of a pound in time for Saturday morning's weight in. I had no splurges whatsoever AT ALL this week. Not even last weekend. I haven't used but just a few of my flex points.

I feel a bit deprived, though, which is why I don't think I'd like to do this indefinitely. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the food I'm eating, but I still miss my comfort foods. My little splurges. And if I deny myself for very long, I'll soon have an all-out binge of all the wrong foods.

It's been a struggle. Every night, I want to go in the kitchen and eat everything I can get my hands on. Luckily the cupboards are a bit bare so that has helped.

If I don't make it to the 100 pound goal, at least I'll be close. Close enough to get it the next week. And at the very least, I'll get a paperclip! Maybe even two!!

So wish me luck. I've got 2 full (well almost full) days left to go before weigh in. So I've got to, at the very least, keep my weight right where it is, but at best lose another pound.

17 comments:

Lolly said...

Awesome! Congrats and I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
~Lolly

Lisa said...

Wow Cara what an achievement! I also have my fingers crossed for you. Well done hunny your looking great by the way!

Shelley said...

Another one who is crossing her fingers for you! Good luck, Cara!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I too am close to my 100 lb milestone, but not as close as you are :) My goal is to hit it by July 12th, which is also the date of my first triathlon!

Katie J ♥ said...

That is so inspiring Miss Cara! I am rooting for you! Woot! Woot!

Leigh said...

WAY TO GO!!!! I'm super proud of you! Thats a huge accomplishment! Be sure to keep us updated!

Kathi said...

Cara,

Keep you eye on the prize. Do not sabotage your thougth and stay focused.

Your doing a great job and I look forward to you being part of the 100 pounds club! I look forward to welcome you this weekend!!

Kathi

WWSuzi said...

Oh my, i'm so excited for you :) I know you can do it and i know it will be very soon!!

Bre said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to hear if you hit it - and I can't wait to hit my 100 pound loss as well!

Miz said...

NO WORD.

(ok a few words :) so so so exciting. youve worked your ass off. literally.)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! I can't wait to read your "victory post"!

SeaShore said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Deborah said...

I'm holding my breath! Be sure to post as soon as you weigh in!

Anonymous said...

How very exciting! You can do it Cara. If the scale denies you, I am sure it won't be for lack of effort. You are an inspiration!

Laura said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Congrats!!! You are such a BIG inspiration to everyone!!

Katie J ♥ said...

Cara!!!! That is FANTASTIC! We are so proud of you. You are an inspiration to all of us. BIG hug! Woooohoooo!

Unknown said...

How are you doing. I recently hit my 100 pound loss. I have regained about 7 pounds. I need to recommit hope you are doing better.