Friday, May 15, 2009

Ode to a donut...

So I guess you could say that I have a thing for donuts. I never really realized it before, but since I started WW 2 years ago, donuts seem to be my passion and my treat.

They catch my eye when I'm minding my own business walking through the grocery store. They haunt me as I pass by their luscious looking buildings on my way to anywhere (there's a donut shop just a few blocks from my house). They were right on my way home from running my 5K AND my 10K. They are everywhere. They're on the way to the beach. They're everywhere!

And for me, donuts are a close second to cupcakes. I swear, one day I'm opening a cupcake store that sells donuts as side items. Seriously! Cupcakes and donuts... what else could a girl want?

So when hubby came home with those scrumptious things yesterday, my appetite was whet.

I figured out they're 6 points a piece. Now, mind you, that's almost one-third of my daily points. But I was definitely considering it. Then I thought, why not just have a half. That's only 3 points and that's totally doable.

So I decided that's what I'd do. I'd have a half a donut with my oatmeal in the morning.

The only thing is, I forgot about it. Can you believe that?? I actually forgot about my precious donut at breakfast this morning!

I finally found a benefit to having a horrible memory.

But the worst thing is that when I came home for lunch, the donuts were still on the counter. Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! Hubby forgot to take them to work!!!!

So, of course I had to eat my 3-point-half-of-a-donut with my turkey wrap. Right? I mean, come one! It was sitting on the counter patiently waiting for me. I can't deny a friend as patient as that now can I??

But I have to take this as a victory. I did, after all, only eat half of the donut.

Mind over donut!

Weigh in is in the morning. I've done so good this week. I'm hoping all of those 4.8 pounds will come off on the scale tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Look what I found...


Mmmmmmmm!

6 comments:

Shrink to Fit said...

At least you stuck with only eating half the donut! It would have been risky for me to home alone with all those donuts. Way to go!

Lori said...

I love donuts, too. Funny how I want to open a cupcake shop, and my husband wants to sell donuts!

Have you seen http://www.holeydonuts.net ?

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe of your self-control- I fear the donuts would all be gone in 2 minutes flat had I been left alone with them!!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment...
The 'st' stands for stone. Not sure why we have such an odd, antiquated way of measuring weight in the UK but basically there are 14lbs in one stone so if you're 238lbs (like I hope I might be next week!) you weigh 17 stone.

I'm off to sate my appetite for donuts with an apple now! Mmmmm donuts...

Unknown said...

Wow, good for you! I couldn't have done that...
Those cupcake/donuts are evil!!!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

You should get some Holey Donuts! The low fat ones are only 3 points each and they are so darn good. You have to order them online and then store them in your freezer. I have 4 boxes of them in my freezer. LOL

Karyn said...

Good for you to stick to only 1/2 a donut! That shows committment (and wisdom). Hope your weigh in rewards you!