Monday, July 7, 2008

Everything's under control, now...

Well, we had a wonderful holiday weekend. We didn't do a whole lot but it sure was fun.

On Friday night, the people at the end of the cul de sac (a few doors down) set of one heck of a fireworks show. It was awesome. I'll bet they shot off 2 or 3 hundred fireworks that night.

Saturday morning, WI was a success. I lost 1.6 lbs! Woo hoo!!!

I worked hard for it too. I was tired of having pittley little losses. I kept sabotaging myself, too. So last week, I exercised alot and dieted alot and it paid off.

I've now lost 85 pounds!!!

In 14 1/2 months!!!

I have to say I can't believe I've come this far. If you would have asked me last year if I could lose 85 pounds in a year, I would have laughed you silly. But here I am. I did it.

I've got about 40 more to go. And I'm going all the way!!

This morning we had a going away breakfast for a lady at the office. We all brought in our yummy breakfast goodies. I baked Breakfast Pizza but made it the healthy way. Line the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking pan with reduced fat Pilsbury Crescent Rolls then sprinkle cooked, crumbled turkey sausage on top of that. Then put a couple of cups of Orida O'Brien frozen potatoes then top that with 2 cups of low fat shredded cheddar cheese (WW) and then 5 servings of egg beaters (1 1/4 cup). Bake it in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes (my oven usually takes 45 minutes to get done) until the top is bubbly and brown. I think it was 4 or 5 points for a 3" square serving. Not bad. It was so yummy too.

I did indulge in a few other things at the breakfast, but not much. I had a light lunch and only had fruit and cheese for dinner. I still stayed under my 23 points for today.

Tonight I finished making the Snickers Bar Cupcakes. They turned out perfect. I haven't eaten one. But I will have one with everyone else tomorrow morning.

Here's a picture of how they turned out.

(Sorry, I know this is probably cruel on a diet blog, but I can't help but brag.)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

85 pounds!! Way to go!! Only 40 left!! Just like me!!

We do tend to stick together there don't we?

I want one of the Snickers cupcakes. Think it would make it through the mail?

You look terrific!!