Thursday, July 24, 2008

setting goals and sticking to them...

Well, I didn't go WWTGs this morning. I went to bed around 11 last night and when 5:30 came around this morning, I was dog tired. I tried to get some energy going, but nothing was doing. I've done pretty good the rest of the week, though, and tomorrow I'm so looking forward to my bike ride. I've already got the protein/power bar ready to go. Daughter is going to go with me tomorrow. She has no idea what she's in for. I got her a bar, too, so she can keep up. I'm still trying to make it to 10 miles. Tuesday was 9.25. If I left maybe 15 minutes earlier, I'm sure I'd have time to do the full 10 miles.

Wouldn't that be awesome???!!!

I can't wait. I want to go to bed early so I can get up early and try it.

I've been weighing myself every morning and I'm going down. I think I might be down a pound. Hope it'll stay off. I really think it's this extra exercise that's making the difference. And I've been going over my original goals for this Challenge and making sure I'm sticking to them.

Have you guys written out any goals? If you have, I'd love to see them.

I remember one of our WW classes, the leader passed out a "Story Boarding" flier to each of us and told us to pick a goal that we wanted to reach and it didn't have to be weight related and then figure out the steps it would take us to get there and to write each step in a different box on the flier until the boxes pointed to the final goal. Kind of like a cartoon where you have the different cells or frames of the story that all leads to the punch line or the last box in the story. And I remember thinking how lame it all was. I thought, I know what my goal is and I know what I have to do to get there—quit stuffing my face! But you know, what I did with stating my goals in my original post about the Challenge is essentially doing the same thing. But it was more than that for me. It was actually being able to visualize what I would actually do to accomplish such a rigorous goal. And it really help me take ahold of this challenge and take it seriously.

I just took a break to read over everyone's blogs and we have quite a menagerie of Challenge participants. Let's keep each other motivated! We're gonna do this together!


*************************************************
Challenge Update! - Week Two (update)

"
18 Pounds in 18 Weeks"

Bento Box Diet - Week 2 loss:
Lost 2.5 pounds. Way to go!!
Katschi - Week 2 loss:
Lost 1.6 pounds. Woo Hoo!!
MaryFran - Week 2 loss:
zero She's holding the scale at bay for now but big losses are on the way.
Karyn
- Week 2 loss:
no report. (please send your blog address to carashow at gmail dot com or leave it in your comment. Not sure when her WI day is or how she's doing.)
Donna - Week 2 loss:
Lost 3.6 - Way to go, Donna!!!
Spunkysuzi - Week 2 loss:
Lost .6 of a pound. (sorry suzi)
Cathy
- Week 2 loss: zero, she's just starting
Koala - I somehow missed adding Koala to my list of challengers. I apologize, Koala. Let me know how you're doing and I'll update you on the list here tomorrow.
*************************************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara,
You are a blessing! Thank you for all your encouragemet....and inspiration...
Cathy

WWSuzi said...

Have a great bike ride with your daughter ;)
My weigh in is on sunday and today i'm up .6 That's o.k. i'm kicking it up a gear this week ;)