Bike 9.25 miles this morning!!!
I found a new secret to biking. You wanna know what it is?
Protein bar a half hour before you start. That did the trick! I had a Kashi Go Lean Chewy peanut butter and chocolate bar. It had 13 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. Though it was 6 points, I figured it was okay because I get 9 or 10 points for an hour of vigorous bicycling. This morning I got 10. It was totally worth it.
Now, it was a little on the expensive side and I don't think I'm gonna want to continue paying that much for protein before each morning, but I think I can try the Go Lean cereal I bought last week. It has the same amount of protein, plus the Soy Milk that goes with it has another 6 grams of protein. I'm not sure how the milk will do on my stomach, but I'm willing to try it. It is soy, not cow's milk. We'll see on Friday morning.
When I finished biking, I was ready to go for another few miles. I wish I'd had more time this morning. I'm already going to be late for work as it is. So I really gotta make this post short. But before I go, I wanted to journal some things I've learned about biking:
- Eat lots of protein a half hour before starting
- Be awake for at least a half hour before started ;>
- Take at least 2 bottles of water with you. One bottle is probably plenty, but you don't want to be in the middle of a great trek and get thirsty.
- Don't lock your knees when you're coasting
- Better yet, don't coast, pump those legs constantly
- Don't lock your elbows, always keep them bent, it'll help strengthen the muscles in your arms
- Keep constant watch on your heart rate. Don't let it stay in the danger zone for more than a few minutes at a time.
- Keep a log of how far you've gone each time, you'll love looking back on it
- Invite a friend, it's so much more fun with two
Gotta go for now.
Don't forget to leave me your 2nd week updates for the Challenge (for those of you who haven't updated me yet). I'm anxious to see how everyone has done so far.
I am so full of energy right now!!!