Thursday, July 3, 2008

getting caught up for the last 2 days...

So to get caught up, I'll briefly summarize my last two days.

Tuesday I went running. Woo Hoo!!

I ran until my HR was up to 180 and then walked until it got down to 140. That's not saying much, though, because here's how it went:

Warm up walk 5 minutes
Run 2 1/2 minutes
Walk 1 1/2 minutes
Run 2 minutes
Walk 1 minute
Run 1 1/2 minutes
Walk 1 minute
Run 1 minute
Cool Down Walk 3 minutes

Total of 7 minutes combined running. Not bad. I'll take it. I just don't want to push it. I'll just keep doing this—run until HR is 180 and walk til it's 140 until I can get my HR to be around 145ish while running.

I did good on my food intake. I had a scrumptious lunch, though. I still can't believe I did it, but I am happy I did. Went to Fridays for lunch and got a cheeseburger slider with mashed potatoes. Their sliders are actually mini burgers. I'm not sure how much meat is there, but mine was topped with caramelized onions and lots of cheese and a pickle and lettuce I think. Then my mashed potatoes were loaded with cheese. It was the best lunch I've had in such a long time. Everything tasted so perfect.

But then I had a big bowl of fruit for dinner to compensate. I didn't gain a pound that day. I actually broke even from the previous day.

Wednesday, I WWTGs for an hour. Great start to the day. I had actually fallen asleep on the couch Tuesday night at 8pm and then got up and went to bed at 10:30. So by 5am Wed I had slept for 9 hours. So it was a great walk!

I tried something different yesterday. I ate my dinner for lunch and my lunch for dinner. I actually lost a pound doing that. Wow! I think I'll try that again today and see if it was a fluke. I suspect it was just what I ate yesterday, now how I ate it. I had a HUGE bowl of watermelon last night for dinner. Also some 2% sharp cheddar cheese cubes and lots of water. I think it was the water that made me lose the pound.

I haven't been drinking enough water lately, I know. I used to drink 5-6 bottles of water a day. Now I'm lucky if I drink 2 or 3. I should make that my next goal is to start drinking more water.

I'm trying to balance all of this out. I have to make sure I get the proper amounts of protein, fiber, dairy, oil, veggies, fruit, and milk while staying under 23 points a day. Its doable, but is quite a challenge. Then on top of that, I can't eat the same things over and over because I've learned that will put me on a plateau.

So this week is looking good so far. I think I'm down a little over a pound from Saturday's WI. If I can just keep it off. I'll have to eat VERY sensible on the 4th.

We don't have much planned so far. I'm hoping we can go visit hubby's parents. I love hanging out with them.

.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Yay, for you on the running/walking. I'm proud of you!

Enjoy the 4th!!