Saturday, July 19, 2008

WI today, was a great one, finally...

What a great start to my 18 Pounds in 18 Weeks challenge!

Today was WI and I lost 3.4 lbs.

WOO HOO!!!!

That's a total of 86.6 pounds I've lost so far. And I got another 5-pound gold start at WW this morning. Haven't gotten one of those in months.

I worked hard for it too! I earned 26 activity points (biked for a total of 15 miles (outside) and walked for a total of 6 miles—again, outside). I didn't exercise the 5 days that I wanted to. Only did 4 days. But Friday was a tough one because I only had 4 hours of sleep and, though I felt fine when I woke up, I didn't want to push it and stress my body out too much. Next week I'm sure I won't have a problem doing the 5 days.

I have to say this challenge is going great. Of course I would say that because I had a great loss. But by me blogging about it and writing my goals down so I can refer to them on a regular basis, it really is helping. It was a little shaky half way through the week. I was up 2 lbs since last Sat's WI, but it came off on Thurs and Fri and then a little more this morning. That just goes to prove that persistence pays off, right?

I found a wonderful cereal that I started eating yesterday. It's made by Kashi, called Go Lean. It has 12 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber in just one cup, which is 40% of your daily fiber allowance and 20% of your daily protein allowance. I put a half cup of soy milk in it so that added another 3.5 grams of protein and a half a gram of fiber. The whole thing was only 3 points. What a great filling breakfast.

I have to keep this one short. We're getting ready to go out and fly planes and I still have to get ready. I'll update my stats later today.

.

6 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Cara, that's fantastic! You're ahead of schedule!
My weigh-in day is on Tuesday so I'll let you know then how I'm doing. I find I go up & down in weight during the week also & this is why I like to weigh myself everyday. I can see that the gains aren't permanent or realistic.
I like having my goals written down, too & I like having my stats bar visible on my blog because it keeps me focused.
Have a great weekend!

Donna B said...

CONGRATS!
I know I am the same about going up and down during the week, so I make myself NOT weigh every day. Instead I have Sunday as my weigh in day and then "just check" myself Wednesday as a midweek check. Sometimes I am up and then have a good loss. Don't know.....every body is different, but I like that kind of accountability!

WWSuzi said...

Congratulations on the great weigh in this week!! I'll let you know tomorrow what my weigh in was for this week ;)

Deborah said...

Con-Grat-U-La-Tions! Wonderful start on the "18 in 18."

Fatinah said...

what a great loss - nice to see that your hard work paid off - keep up the good work!!

Charlotte-Ann Photography said...

3.4 pounds in one week is awesome! Way to go :D
Your site is so inspiring and so is the 18 in 18 Challenge; I lost 2.5 pounds this week!
Keep up the good work :D